Target Audiences for All Topics
School Board members
School Bus Drivers
||Bus Driver & Attendant On-line Courses
There are two kinds of
who have had a crisis....
those who will.
- It is invaluable as remediation for drivers or attendants having difficulty with student management issues, and/or
- Employees who miss the annual state required continuing education program.
- There is an “Are You There?”, function that prohibits jumping ahead or walking away from the computer.
- Employees can take the course on their down time or at home.
- They can stop at any time and return to the place they left off.
- There are quizzes that must be passed with 80% minimum proficiency.
- Upon completion of the course, participants can print a certificate that can be included in their file as evidence of participation.
- Accepts all major credit cards, or fax a purchase order to 727-362-1984 along with your email address and a code will be mailed to you that allows access to the course.
Bullying/ Harassment and Dealing With Angry People
This is a 3- hour course.
Every day thousands of teens wake up afraid to go to school. Bullying is a problem that affects millions of students of all races and classes. Bullying is an activity conducted by both male and female students. Yet because parents and educators don t always see it, they may not understand how extreme it can get.
Studies show that people who are abused by their peers are at risk for mental health problems, such as, low self-esteem, stress, depression, or anxiety. They may also think about suicide. Sometimes the victim of repeated bullying cannot control the need for revenge and the situation becomes dangerous for everyone.
Cyberbullying is harassment by use of electronic devices through e-mail, text messaging, blogs, websites, mobile phones and pagers. This unregulated new forum for bullying is as bad or worse than traditional bullying.
Whether it be a student, co-worker, parent or motorist understanding the issue, measuring our own responses, and de-escalating the situation is critical to being successful.
Anger is a natural human emotion. You can t tell a person to not be angry. What you can do is help them understand appropriate methods to deal with their anger.
Drivers and assistants can learn questioning techniques that give you the best chance of de-escalating a situation and sorting out the facts that are pertinent to resolve the problem.
The course costs $24.95 per participant.
- Understand the common features and main types of bullies.
- Understand the characteristics and consequences of being a bully.
- Understand the characteristics and consequences of a victim.
- Learn 20 signs of a teen in trouble.
- Learn methods to help students prevent bullying.
- Understand cyberbullying and how it relates to traditional bullying.
- Learn how to handle a bullying situation.
- Learn the warning signs of a student who may become violent.
- Discuss incidents of bullying and determine the best intervention.
- Increase their effectiveness when dealing with angry people through a better understanding of anger, that of others and one's own.
- Have the confidence and skills to defuse situations before they become much larger problems for you and your organization.
- Learn cognitive vs. visceral questioning as a technique to calm angry people
- Understand how body language, verbal and para-verbal behavior affect angry encounters
- Understand techniques of empathetic, feigned confusion, paradox/unexpected, surprise comment, verbal control, and withdrawal responses.
- Understand causes of stress, affects of stress and stress busters
- Take an anger self-assessment test, and
- Understand the nature of anger, dealing with anger, and strategies to keep anger at bay.