Target Audiences for All Topics
School Board members
School Bus Drivers
||Bus Driver & Attendant On-line Courses
There are two kinds of
who have had a crisis....
those who will.
- It is invaluable as remediation for drivers or attendants having difficulty with student management issues, and/or
- Employees who miss the annual state required continuing education program.
- There is an “Are You There?”, function that prohibits jumping ahead or walking away from the computer.
- Employees can take the course on their down time or at home.
- They can stop at any time and return to the place they left off.
- There are quizzes that must be passed with 80% minimum proficiency.
- Upon completion of the course, participants can print a certificate that can be included in their file as evidence of participation.
- Accepts all major credit cards, or fax a purchase order to 727-362-1984 along with your email address and a code will be mailed to you that allows access to the course.
Behavior Modification Program One: 50 minute course
There are two sides to the behavior modification coin. On one hand, you catch them doing the wrong thing and you provide consequences. On the other hand, you catch them doing it right and give them rewards. The most effective disciplinarians provide a reinforcement density of 3 positive comments for every one corrective action. You can't make kids behave. You have to make them want to behave for you.
The course costs $12.95 per participant.
- Understand the importance of their role as an educator, teaching social skills.
- Understand there are numerous factors that contribute to differing student expectations, behavior and experiences, such as; exposure to sex and violence, family structure, conflict resolution skills, and social isolationism. This contributes to differing ideas of normal behavior.
- Understand the basic concepts of behavior modification to include; clearly communicated rules; positive reinforcement/ reinforcement density; minimal and progressive consequences for maladaptive behavior; and rewards for adaptive behavior.
- Understand that developing a rapport with students will do more to contribute to a positive bus environment, reduce discipline problems and create a caring safe environment for everyone.